HOW TO ENTER…
I love making these birds! Honestly I think I just like using power tools! Follow these simple steps to create your own Button Bird:
1. Find a piece of wood. I am always bringing home wood from strange places. My husband is convinced that one day I am going to bring home termites. If you ever drive by my house and you see a large black plastic bag covering my house, it is totally my fault.
2. Modge podge your favorite paper or fabric on the wood. Or just paint the wood.
3. When the modge podge has dried, draw an outline of what you want to cut out. Wood owls are also fun to make!
4. Get your jig saw out and cut away. It feels pretty good cutting a big ole piece of wood. I think it impresses my kids!haha
5. Time to embellish your bird! I love to use buttons, yo-yos, vintage pins, pom poms, trim, fabric, stamps, yarn, whatever you have on hand!